Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting in shape

It's that time of the year once again where I feel like I have done nothing to better myself and that I need to start again.  I have continued to gain weight and my acne is starting to flair up (which sucks even worse since I never really had problems!).  I'm having a lot of kidney, back, knee and feet issues and it is enough. My friends are very supportive and know that part of this can't be prevented, but even if I'm destined to be overweight, I'm NOT destined to die from it.  I want to get my life back.  I want to be able to wear what I want, go to the beach (and be proud of myself while I'm there!), not be sick all the time, walk long distances with no pain, and be happy.  I haven't had that in almost four years.  So, starting today, I'm going to be brutally honest with myself.  This blog page will be mainly about my weight loss journey.  I will post pictures I hate, I'll keep you updated on weights, exercises and foods that change/help along the way.  Welcome to Better Health: Post 1.

Today when I woke up I actually wanted to work out a little.  Since I haven't in a long, long time, and I've gained a lot of weight since then, I'm starting slow.  I started out the day at 229.6 lbs.  I walked on the treadmill for 25 min at 2.0.  I have eaten a crab cake, 1 hush puppy, one piece of fried chicken, a banana, half a peanut butter sandwich, a "fun size" bag of peanut M&Ms and four pieces of sushi.  I have also drank water, and 10 ounces of coconut water.  Nothing else.  When I go to bed I will eat (because of my medicine) 1 Larabar, apple pie flavored.  Here is my beginning picture:



I'll update everyday with exercise and food consumption, with new pictures every month or so.  If anybody has any tips (at ALL) please let me know!

What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment